When I'm sending a link to a report or tutorial, I want it to stand out from my other email content. And sometimes hyperlink-formatted text just isn't enough.
So, I came up with this little trick that allows me to easily insert a customizable button in my Gmail messages.
I find myself creating these buttons from scratch several times a day, and I finally realized that I could save some time by automating most of the process.
- 'insert image by url' functionality of Gmail
- a text expansion app, like TextExpander
- a button wizard site that I use on a regular basis: Da Button Factory.
- Generate your button using Da Button Factory
- Pass the button image url into TextExpander and customize
- Use the insert image by url and your TextExpander abbreviation to insert the button into an email
- Add a hyperlink to the button
The example button looks like this:
Do you use TextExpander to automate your daily tasks? Have you figured out how to tweak your Gmail messages to stand out? Share your thoughts in the comments.