This tutorial is for those that are using Blogger to manage a blog. If you do not already have a Blogger account, you can easily create one and get started with blogging here.
I plan to share additional information on the basics of blogging, as well as tips for customizations (a little html never hurt anybody, right?) and information about the software that I use to keep my blogs up and running. Subscribe (see the right sidebar to sign up via email) if you’d like to be informed of upcoming articles! You can also follow me on Facebook for weekly tips on all sorts of geeky stuff.
This lesson demonstrates how to modify the footer of each post on your Blogger blog.
1. Login to Blogger
Go to www.blogger.com and log in using your username and password.
2. Click on the 'Design' link under the name of the blog you want to modify.
3. Click on 'Edit' within the Blog Posts section of the layout.
4. Configure your settings by enabling/disabling options and changing any formatting as you like.
5. You can also arrange the location of items in the blog post under 'Arrange Items'.
Just drag and drop to move them around.
6. Click on the "Save" button.
7. Click on "Save" again within the Add and Arange Page Elements Screen
8. Click on the "View Blog" link to ensure that your blog posts appear as you want them to.
Return to the edit page to make changes if necessary.
This is an example of the custom voting buttons I added to the bottom of my posts on my photography blog: www.theawkwardphotographer.com.
- I created this tutorial with ScreenSteps. It’s a handy tool if you find yourself creating step-by-step instructions or documentation.
|Jenna Baze is a rather geeky girl with average social skills and an affinity for: all things Google, Remember the Milk, Salesforce.com, Inbox Zero, Etsy, natural light photography and finding creative ways to avoid doing dishes (which includes updating a handful of blogs). |
Facebook: Rather Geeky Tips